This project is read-only.

Include other non-navigation pages

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I am a newbie to this. I like your navigation app so much. I am thinking to use it to chunk up a long form into multiple pages. However, my project would have other pages that are not part of the wizard steps (links on the left side). I want to be able to navigate between pages that are part of the steps or outside them. Currently, if I try to navigate to another page, I would get this error: invalidURL.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Am I missingsomething? Please help

Thanks

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Thank you for your nice comments, I am glad you like it.

All navigation must be configured in the StateInfo configuration, this includes the links on the left side. Taking the navigation sample configuration, if you wanted to have a menu link to a Home page then you'd need to add another dialog:

<StateInfo>
	<dialog key="Person" initial="Listing" path="~/Listing.aspx">
		<state key="Listing" page="~/Listing.aspx" title="Person Search">
			<transition key="Select" to="Details"/>
		</state>
		<state key="Details" page="~/Details.aspx" title="Person Details" route="Person/{id}">
		</state>
	</dialog>
	<dialog key="Home" initial="Page">
		<state key="Page"  page="~/Home.aspx" title="Home"/>
	</dialog>
</StateInfo>

Then in order to link to your home page you can just add a NavigationHyperLink pointing at the Home dialog:

<cc1:NavigationHyperLink ID="HomeLink" runat="server" Text="Home" Action="Home" />

You might find it helpful to look at http://navigationnerddinner.codeplex.com/ as this is a more detailed sample.

I hope this has helped, let me know how you get on.

Graham